Saturday, October 22, 2005

OHIO STATE VS INDIANA

The ohio state buckeyes travelled to bloomington indiana today to take on the hoosiers in a game where some people seemed to think that an upset may be brewing. The hoosiers were 4-2 but in my eyes they really hadn't played anyone yet. In any event the buckeyes won the ballgame 41-10, and for the most part had the game in command. First I will get to the positive things that I saw. Well as always the defense was terrific. We have been used to saying that for the last few years now. People were hyping Indiana's offense all week long. They said that the passing game with give the buckeyes fits all day long. Well guess what, it didn't phase them. Blake Powers had a horrible day that he would like to forget about I am sure. I wouldn't even post his stats on here because it isnt worth the extra typing. There was also mention of their 6'7 wide receiver James Hardy. He is also on the basketball team as well. You can tell he didn't get to play for Bobby Knight because he was a big sissy in my eyes. Our corners were on him like glue and he did nothing. He didn't even make much of an effort on a few jump balls that he might have gotten. Anyway plain and simple, defense came up big and dominated the ball game. My shout out goes to Brandon Mitchell, the 5th year senior who had a 56 yard interception return for a touchdown. He has been with the program a long time and paid his dues, so plays like that are nice to see.
Now to the other side of the ball. Well penalties were a pain in the butt, we all saw that. Early in the game that was the only thing that was backing us up. Troy Smith was named player of the game going 14-23 for 226 yards, a td and an int. He also ran for 2 scores. Well as you could guess he was not my player of the game. I gotta go with Pittman, who last I saw had about 23 carries for 128 yards and no touchdowns. Why do I get frustrated? Combined with Santonio Holmes, who had a great day as well, he led us down the field. He is so quick to the hole and he has great vision. He makes some cutback runs that a lot of guys wouldnt be able to make. What do we do when we get inside the 10? Yep you guessed it, bye bye fullback and lets run some shotgun. They gave it to pittman out of shotgun which you just cant do in the red zone. He leads you down the field, but we can give him some touches out of the I formation inside the 10. I still just don't get what goes on through their heads sometimes. In any event he was my player of the game. He isn't getting a lot of credit thats for sure. Teddy showed some good signs today. When he runs a little north and south, look what happens. He had a kick return get called back because of one of the 600 penalties that we had. Then he did have a nice punt return when the game was already out of hand so that was nice to see. My boy zwick only saw the game with 6 minutes to go. I guess I have to face the fact that smith is tressel's boy. I am still gonna complain though, well because I can. I just am not a fan of the way smith plays the game. Yes he had some nice runs today but if he couldnt have a good game against an indiana defense then he has some problems. Yet another win for the buckeyes today so overall I have to be happy with it. They are now 5-2 and 3-1 in the big ten and very much alive for the title and a possible bcs bowl. I keep thinking as long as they win out, they will be in the orange or fiesta bowl. They draw the crowd and the big bucks. I remember in 2003 when they thought we would rematch miami again, but in the orange bowl. I guess the fiesta bowl figured after the showing of buckeye fans they had the year before, they better invite them back. Well next week we travel to minnesota to face Glen Mason. I am so glad we didnt hire him as coach 4 years ago. Once again Minnesota has a good offensive line and a good running game, but as expected they play no defense whatsoever. They havent seen a defense like ours yet. Well I take that back. Penn State has a good d and they dominated the gophers. As frustrated as I get with these guys I will be back for more next week. I can't get enough of them buckeyes!!!

Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you aren't a big fan of Ginn, Raiker, but I was glad to see him make some plays today. Too bad the kick-off return got called back. The guy is a playmaker. I think the referee's need called out on this game too. They were absolutly horrible. Indiana re-kicking the kick-off after OSU fumbled it???? I would have come un-glued! A good win for the Bucks though!!!

12:50 AM  
Blogger jason said...

yes chad my man he looked much better this week. it is not that i am not a fan of him. i know he has the talent. he can make people miss no doubt but he needs to stop dancing. the more he improves at the receiver spot each week, the better off we will be.

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home