Sunday, February 25, 2007

TOM IZZO

As an avid fan of the big ten conference, I have always been a fan and a had a lot of respect for Michigan State head coach, Tom Izzo. I believe he has been with them since around 95 or so. He has won his share of big ten titles and he has taken them to four final fours and one national title in 2000. Yesterday I learned something about him that I never knew. If anyone caught college gameday yesterday they saw this story. He is from the Upper Peninsula and he was a pretty good ball player in his day. He was considered the best free throw shooter on his team and he had a chance to get his team further in the playoffs and he missed the front end of a one and one and they did not advance. He now, since that day shoots free throws everyday before he begins practice. His all time record is a 131 free throws in a row. That is just flat out unbelievable. I would have to do some research to see what the record would be, but that just blows my mind. They said he had 103 on friday before practice. He hit 10 in a row in front of the crazy crowd at the breslin center. Now I am not comparing myself to Tom Izzo by any means, but I am just trying to put this in perspective here. One time a few years back I was at a party and a few of us were shooting free throws and seeing who could make the most in a row. I eventually got hot and ended up making 47 in a row. It is still one of my prouder moments. It seemed like it took forever to do that and you really have to focus and remain calm. Now that was only 47. This man has made 131 in a row. Are you kidding me? The more I think about it, the more amazing it is to me. I just had to share this with everyone who didnt get a chance to see this. We got a new computer here now so I am going to try to get back to posting more often.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's pretty good but how does 256 in a row sound on national television? Or say 485 in a row during practice? Or say making 580 out of 585? Check out the link. VERY COOL!!!

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/02/13/earlyshow/leisure/main1310741.shtml

9:10 PM  
Blogger jason said...

thanks for the info, that is just outright amazing. i am tickled pink if i can make 8 out of 10.

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home